PRACTICAL & PURPOSEFUL ENDEAVOR OF REFLECTION & REFLEXIVITY
Pilates is a purposeful practice that develops kinesthetic skill and awareness through concentration disciplined endeavor. The method requires focus and attention toward sentient and perceptual details to make that happen. Meticulous attention, assiduous action and concentrated awareness begins with close contemplation of the breath that inspires life.
Breathing fully and deeply with conscious effort leads to enhanced centering, core engagement and movement control. Stronger core activations and integrations of specific qualities of movement facilitate better exercise performance and efficiency with a deeper connection of interconnected physiological and metaphysical elements. With practice greater proficiency, control, precision and spontaneous flow are achieved. With improved kinesthesia, coordination, and dexterity skilled agile execution leads to a mindful concentration of holistic empowerment.
STUDIOUS OBSERVANCE, DILIGENCE & VIGILANCE
The conscientious application process is one of focused attention, intensified action and reflexive contemplation. It is a holistic pursuit of total engagement that improves with time, intention and concerted effort. The comprehensive pilates method, learning the essential details and particular movements of the practice is a cumulative process that spirals inward and outward to build upon itself growing both broader and deeper simultaneously, becoming clearer more perfect with experience. It begins with a desire, respect and caring attitude toward the vital movements and living potential of the body and ends with a unified harmony commingling an integration of all the interwoven mechanisms of the Self; body, mind, heart and soul.
PILATES INFORMS WHOLE BODIES WHOLE MINDS WHOLE HEARTS WHOLE SOULS
More On Concentration
- The Power of Concentration by Theron Dumont
- Concentration: Guide to Mental Mastery by M. Sadhu
- Inner Focus, Outer Strength: Using Imagery and Exercise for Health, Strength and Beauty by Eric Franklin
- The Fine Arts of Relaxation, Concentration and Meditation: Ancient Skills for Modern Minds by Joel Levey and Michelle Levey
- The Magic in Your Mind by U.S. Andersen
- Agency and Self Awareness: Issues in Philosophy and Psychology by Johannes Roessler and Naomi Eilan
- The Physics of Consciousness: The Quantum Mind and The Meaning of Life by Evan Harris Walker
- Thinking Body, Dancing Mind:Taosports for Extraordinary Performance in Athletics, Business and Life by Chungliang Al Huang
- Spirit of the Dancing Warrior: Asian Wisdom for Peak Performance in Athletics and Life by Jerry Lynch and Chungliang Al Huang
- Working Out, Working Within by Jerry Lynch and Chungliang Al Huang
- Coaching with Heart: Taoist Wisdom to Inspire, Empower, and Lead in Sports & Life by Jerry Lynch Ph.D.and Chungliang Al Huang
- The Champion’s Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive by Jim Afremow